Accounts Receivable for the Dental Office
Learn about the financial aspects of the dental office. This course goes into detail about accounts receivable topics and will empower you to gain more responsibility within your practice. This course also meets AADOM Fellowship requirements.
Whether you have been working in practice management for many years, or if you are a chairside assistant who is looking to understand the financial aspects of the practice, this course is designed to take your knowledge to the next level. The course modules go into detail on the various aspects of accounts receivable and break down the topics into easy-to-understand formats.
You’ll learn the difference between accounts receivable and accounts payable, explore the best way to communicate to collect outstanding and delinquent payments, review the best time to run accounts receivable reports, and more. Most importantly, you’ll walk away with a deeper understanding of how financial policies, communications, and payment options can impact dental practice profitability. You’ll earn 4 CE credits and a certificate for completing the course, plus meet AADOM Fellowship requirements.
Note: Meets AADOM Fellowship requirements
Desktop and laptop
AGD Code: 550
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Determine an effective financial policy
- Understand different payment methods
- Establish how, when and where to introduce treatment plan fees
- Confirm the steps of posting a payment
- Interpret accounts-receivable reports and know when to run them
- Classify the stages of billing and collections for a dental practice
- Communicate effectively to collect outstanding and delinquent payments
- Recognize how financial policy, effective communication, appropriate patient payment options, patient retention, and patient compliance with the treatment plan impact dental office profitability
This product is part of the bundles listed below. Buy together and save!
Subject Matter Experts
The DALE Foundation is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education, ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at ada.org/cerp.