HR Fundamentals for the Dental Office
This course goes into detail about HR topics and will empower you to become a leader within your practice. It also meets AADOM Fellowship requirements.
Whether you manage a dental staff of two, 20 or 200, effective human resource (HR) management is vital to the practice’s success. This course covers the essential tools for all aspects of human resources, from planning to hiring, to benefits to reviews — as well as managing staff orientations and training and knowing how to analyze and plan for current and future hiring needs.
By completing this course, you’ll become more well-versed in developing job descriptions, more familiar with interviewing and hiring new employees, and better at evaluating employees’ job performance and conducting employee performance reviews. You’ll also receive examples and resources for immediate application in the dental practice. Upon course completion, you’ll earn 6 CE credits and a certificate, plus meet AADOM Fellowship requirements.
Note: Meets AADOM Fellowship requirements
Desktop and laptop
AGD Code: 550
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze and plan for current and future dental office human resource needs
- Develop clear job descriptions
- Understand legal issues related to planning, recruitment, hiring, benefits, compensation, performance review, delegating duties, termination, and employee records management
- Refine the interviewing and hiring process
- Interpret employee benefit and compensation plans
- Properly maintain employee records
- Manage staff orientation, staff training, and performance reviews
- Recognize the importance of a legally sound employee handbook/policy
Subject Matter Experts
The DALE Foundation is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education, ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at ada.org/cerp.