DANB ICE Review
Understanding dental infection control guidelines and procedures is essential for dental assistants and other dental professionals. This review course covers those topics and more. Plus, it offers excellent preparation for the DANB Infection Control exam.
Controlling the spread of infectious disease in the dental office often requires specialized techniques and procedures. This course will help you learn to recognize and restrict the spread of infection, recognize the risk of infectious diseases to patients in the office, and sharpen your knowledge of dental instrument sterilization.
This course covers the differences among cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing, and how and when to use each technique. You’ll also learn the difference between disposable and reusable dental devices and when each should be used. Other topics include proper use of barrier techniques, hand hygiene, how and when to use standard personal protective equipment, and more. Understanding this information is an important foundation to ensure safety in the dental office and will help you prepare for the DANB Infection Control (ICE) exam.
Questions are not from actual DANB exams, and completing the review course does not guarantee that you will pass the DANB ICE exam.
Desktop, laptop and tablet
AGD Code: 148
After completing this review course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize the risk of infectious diseases to patients in the office
- Understand the chain of infection and the ways diseases are transmitted
- Identify the risks of procedures and services to patients and dental professionals
- Apply universal precautions
- Recognize the need for immunization against infectious diseases
- Acknowledge the difference between disposable and reusable dental devices and when each type of device is to be used
- Identify when and how to use standard personal protective equipment
- Understand and use proper barrier techniques
- Differentiate among cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing, and when and how to use each technique properly during oral healthcare delivery
- Identify areas that require cleaning or disinfecting and apply the proper procedures
- Prepare dental instruments and equipment for sterilization
- Use proper hand hygiene
- Adhere to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Bloodborne Pathogens Standard and the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard
This product is part of the bundles listed below. Buy together and save!
Subject Matter Experts
The DALE Foundation is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education, ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at ada.org/cerp.