This set of articles gathers research on a variety of issues that impact young patients and is an excellent opportunity to deepen your understanding and gain new skills, especially if you already work with pediatric dental patients.
Working with pediatric patients often requires specialized knowledge to best understand how to interact with and help care for them. This set of articles gathers research on a variety of issues that impact young patients and is an excellent opportunity to deepen your understanding and gain new skills, especially if you already work with pediatric dental patients.
Read about oral piercings and related injuries, youth oral hygiene, and the efficacy of manual versus power toothbrushes, plus distraction techniques and its effect on pain perception, as well as the effects of poverty on children’s development and oral health, among other topics. When you complete the articles and pass the assessment, you’ll earn 12 CE credits.
Desktop, laptop and tablet
AGD Code: 430
After completing all of the articles, you will be able to:
- Understand the effect of a distraction technique using audiovisual glasses on pain perception during administration of local anesthesia for children
- Determine the effect of a novel pacifier regarding the development of anterior open bite in infants
- Compare the efficacy of plaque removal for 4- to 7-year-olds using manual and power toothbrushes
- Understand the effects of poverty on children’s development and oral health
- Gain a greater understanding of oral piercing injuries treated in U.S. emergency departments
Subject Matter Experts
The DALE Foundation is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education, ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at ada.org/cerp.