DANB RHS Review
Knowing how to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiographic procedures is essential for dental assistants. This review course covers those topics and more. Plus, it offers excellent preparation for the DANB Radiation Health and Safety exam.
Operating dental x-ray equipment and performing dental radiographic procedures are some of the most common duties dental assistants perform. This course will help you understand this topic in detail, including how to detect and fix common exposure and processing errors — saving you and the practice precious time. You’ll also review the major anatomical landmarks of the teeth, jaw, oral cavity, and adjacent structures of the skull to improve your x-ray-taking accuracy.
This course covers basic radiation biology concepts, as well as radiation safety procedures for operator and patients. You’ll also learn how to implement necessary quality-assurance procedures so you can get it right the first time. The course covers digital radiography in depth and also features optional modules on conventional (film) radiography. Understanding dental radiography is a must for dental assistants, and this course will give you the training you need and will help you prepare for the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam.
Questions in the review course are not from actual DANB exams, and completing the review course does not guarantee that you will pass the DANB RHS exam.
Desktop, laptop and tablet
AGD Code: 138
After completing this review course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify major anatomical landmarks of the teeth, jaw, oral cavity, and adjacent structures of the skull
- Understand basic radiation biology concepts
- Practice radiation safety procedures for both operator and patients
- Operate radiographic exposure equipment
- Catch and correct common intraoral and extraoral radiographic exposure errors
- Use radiographic processing equipment and digital equipment
- Detect and fix common radiographic processing errors
- Mount and label dental radiographs
- Apply effective infection control techniques
- Implement necessary quality-assurance procedures
This product is part of the bundles listed below. Buy together and save!
Subject Matter Experts
The DALE Foundation is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education, ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at ada.org/cerp.