DANB and the DALE Foundation welcome 2021-2022 board members
The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) is pleased to announce its 2021-2022 Board of Directors:
- Lois Bell, CDA, CPFDA, CRFDA, MADAA — Chair
- Steven J. Holm, D.D.S. — Vice Chair
- Constance J. Reed, CDA, EFDA, B.S. — Secretary-Treasurer
- Michael Conte, D.M.D., M.P.H.
- Frank Maggio, D.D.S.
- Meagan Morton, CDA, B.S.
- Kimberly Plate, CDA, CPFDA, CRFDA, B.S.
- Esther R. Scherb, D.M.D., J.D.
- Janée Tamayo, CDA, CPFDA, B.S.
New to the Board are Dr. Maggio, Ms. Plate and Ms. Tamayo.
Dr. Maggio is a periodontist with a practice in Elgin, Illinois; he is also a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois Chicago College of Dentistry, Department of Periodontics.
Ms. Plate, of Pingree Grove, Illinois, currently works as director of the dental assisting program at Elgin Community College. She previously worked as an ECC adjunct dental assisting faculty member from 1998 until assuming her director role there in 2004.
Ms. Tamayo, of Honolulu, Hawaii, has worked as a dental assistant with the U.S. Air Force for nearly 10 years in Florida, Colorado and North Carolina. Her roles have included Dental Flight Chief, Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge of Records and Reception, and Dental Technician.
Learn more about the DANB Board of Directors.
DANB thanks outgoing Directors Sandra Garcia, CDA, RDA, FADAA, FAADOM; Denise Romero, CDA, COA, RDA, Ed.D., FADAA; and Karen L. Comisi, CDA, RDA, FADAA, for their dedicated service to the Board.
Additionally, the DALE Foundation, the official DANB affiliate, is pleased to announce its 2021-2022 Board of Trustees:
- Lori Gagliardi, CDA, FADAA, RDA, RDH, Ed.D. — President
- Guinevere B. Juckett, CDA, CPFDA, CRFDA, EFDA, FADAA — President-Elect
- Vicki L. Brett, CDA, RDH, B.S.D.H. — Secretary-Treasurer
- Joanne Dawley, D.D.S. — Immediate Past President
- Opal Anderson, FAADOM
- Lois Bell, CDA, CPFDA, CRFDA, MADAA
- Michael Conte, D.M.D., M.P.H.
- Carol K. Oeder, CDA-Emeritus, COA-Emeritus, CPFDA-Emeritus, CRFDA-Emeritus, CDPMA-Emeritus, FADAA, LPN
- Royann Royer, CDA, RDH, M.P.H.
- Kathy Zwieg, CDA, LDA
Learn more about the DALE Foundation Board of Trustees.
The DALE Foundation thanks outgoing Trustees Frank Maggio, D.D.S.; and Katharine “Kate” Noble, CDA, CRFDA, SSgt ME Air National Guard, for their dedicated service to the Board.
About the DANB Board
Election to DANB’s nine-member Board of Directors takes place by the current DANB Board, after receipt of nominations of slates of at least two qualified candidates per DANB Board vacancy, from these four dental membership organizations: the American Dental Association (two directors), American Association of Dental Boards (one), American Dental Education Association (one) and American Dental Assistants Association (three). The remaining two DANB Board Directors are a DANB Certificant-at-Large (one, voted on by DANB certificants) and member of the public (one, elected by DANB’s Board from nominations received by DANB’s Nominating Committee). All DANB Board Directors responded to interview questions while being considered for their positions.