Virtually the highest quality exam preparation
The DANB GC Review Part II online interactive course picks-up where the DANB GC Review Part I left off. It begins with an overview of the concepts covered in GC Review Part I, then continues with the specific principles and specialized techniques often applied in assisting with endodontic, oral surgery and prosthodontic procedures such as placing crowns and bridges. You will have an opportunity to practice assisting with these procedures in virtual patient scenarios and review the responsibilities of your role as it applies to patient care. As with other courses from the DALE Foundation, you may take printable notes along the way.
GC Review Part II is broken down into four course modules. You may take one module at a time or all four back-to-back — how you complete the course within your six-month access period is totally up to you. Before, during and after the course, you will complete learner assessments, so you can continually check your progress. You may also go back and review any part of the course at any time and retake your post-course assessment* so that you are better prepared to take the DANB GC exam.
*Questions are not from actual DANB exams, and completing the review course does not guarantee that you will pass the DANB GC exam.
Subject Matter Experts:
- Jackie Krueger, CDA, RDA
- Joan C. Martin, CDA, RDA, M.A. Ed.
- Karin Orosz, CDA
Creation date: October 2012
Updated: December 2015
Date of next review: December 2018
DANB exam prep: General Chairside Assisting exam
Increase your confidence
Completing the DANB GC Review Part II will build your confidence as you prepare for DANB's GC exam.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic oral and dental anatomy, physiology and morphology
- Identify the procedures involved in performing a preliminary examination
- Implement charting and treatment documentation that adheres to HIPAA and other legal standards
- Prepare for and understand how to collect or assist with the collection of diagnostic data
- Understand and integrate four-handed dentistry techniques when assisting with patient procedures
- Identify techniques that aid in maintaining the field of operation throughout all dental procedures
- Recognize the importance of selecting proper materials and instruments when preparing the armamentarium and setting up trays for prosthodontic and oral surgery procedures
- Identify common indications and different types of fixed prosthodontics including crown, fixed bridge, veneers, inlays and onlays
- Prepare for and assist with fixed prosthodontic procedures
- Identify components and use of removable prosthodontic procedures (partial denture and full denture)
- Prepare for and assist with removable prosthodontic procedures
- Define indications and steps involved with oral surgery procedures such as tooth extractions
- Understand how to assist with oral surgery procedures, including preparing instruments and materials
- Demonstrate how to deliver pre- and post-treatment patient instructions
- Describe how to provide patient education and oral health management
- Understand the basic strategies behind selecting and manipulating lab materials
- Comprehend legal concepts related to patient recordkeeping, records retention and records transfer
- Identify the necessary steps involved in maintaining office operations, including inventory control and maintenance of equipment
Test out our course
Check out our DANB GC Review Part II demo – and see how simple reviewing for your exam can be.
See What Others Are Saying
Read what those who have completed the DANB GC Review Part II say about their experience.
We’d like to hear from you!
After you complete the course*, log in to your account and provide a rating and review!
*You must complete the course to provide feedback.
Review of this course:
The course helped to remind me the order and proper way in which certain procedures are done. Thank you