Financial Reporting for the Dental Office
Monitoring financial performance is vital to a dental practice’s success. Understanding and interpreting a variety of financial reports — and effectively communicating critical financial data with all dental team members — are key responsibilities of every dental practice manager. Through this course, you’ll learn the principles of financial controls, as well as the daily checks and balances every dental office should implement.
Explore the types of financial reporting methods based on practice type and size. Determine the daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports necessary to maintain day-to-day operations. Analyze dental practice productivity by reviewing the scheduling, patient cancellation, and procedure reports, and more. Whether you’re new to practice management or have many years of experience, this course will walk you through the modules to enhance your understanding. Upon course completion, you’ll earn 6 CE credits and a certificate, plus meet AADOM Fellowship requirements.
Note: Meets AADOM Fellowship requirements
Desktop and laptop
AGD code: 550
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of internal financial controls and daily checks and balances in a dental office
- Identify types of financial reporting methods based on type of practice, number of employees and office size
- Interpret the financial policy for the dental office, including discount standards, third-party payment options, and fee schedules
- Determine the daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports necessary to maintain day-to-day operations
- Analyze dental practice productivity by reviewing the scheduling, patient cancellation, and procedure reports
- Evaluate the profit-and-loss (P&L) statement, daily balance sheets, and annual budget for future forecasting
- Recognize the importance of effective communication with and making informed recommendations to the dentist/dental employee
This product is part of the bundles listed below. Buy together and save!
Subject Matter Experts
The DALE Foundation is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education, ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at ada.org/cerp.