Enhance your office performance
Whether you run a dental office staff of two or 20, effective human resources initiatives are vital to your practice’s success. By taking our HR Fundamentals for the Dental Office course*, you will learn essential tools for developing job descriptions, interviewing, hiring, evaluating job performance and conducting reviews, all in line with legal requirements. This course will also provide you with examples and resources that you can use in your dental practice.
Our self-paced, interactive online course allows you to work through and review course topics on your own time during the six-month access period. At the end of the course, you will be given a post-course assessment. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a verification of participation to display in your office and add to your resume.
*This course is an assessment-based certificate program. Upon successful completion of a certificate program, you will receive a verification of participation. A certificate program is not a professional certification, so you do not receive credentials or letters after your name. To learn more about the difference between certificate programs and professional certification, visit the Institute of Credentialing Excellence.
Subject Matter Experts:
- Sharon Dickinson, CDA, CDPMA, RDA
- Teresa Duncan, MS, FADIA, FAADOM
- Shari Tastad, RDH, BS
Creation date: February 2011
ADA CERP approval: May 2012
AGD PACE approval: Sept. 2013
Meets AADOM Fellowship requirements
Take charge of your office
Stay on top of your dental practice’s human resources needs, so that your staff can focus on your patients, not staffing or paperwork. After completing our course, in addition to earning a verification of participation, you will be able to:
- Analyze and plan for current and future dental office human resource needs
- Develop clear job descriptions
- Understand legal issues related to planning, recruitment, hiring, benefits, compensation, performance review, delegating duties, termination and employee records management
- Refine the interviewing and hiring process
- Interpret employee benefit and compensation plans
- Properly maintain employee records
- Manage staff orientation, staff training and performance reviews
- Recognize the importance of a legally sound employee handbook/policy
Test out our course
Check out our HR Fundamentals for the Dental Office course– and see how simple continuing your education can be.
See What Others Are Saying
Read what those who have completed the HR Fundamentals for the Dental Office course say about their experience.
We’d like to hear from you!
After you complete the course*, log in to your account and provide a rating and review!
*You must complete the course to provide feedback.
Review of this course:
excellent course for both new and experienced administrators.