Expand your reach at your dental practice
Understanding accounts receivable (AR) is one of the most important elements in running a dental practice. It pays for your facility, your bills, and your salary. So whether you’re an office manager looking to boost your fiscal know-how, or a dental assistant hoping to get more involved in the financial aspects of your dental practice, this course is for you.
The Accounts Receivable for the Dental Office course* shows you the ins and outs of AR, and empowers you to gain more responsibility within your practice. Our easy-to-use interactive course lets you work when it’s best for you – whether you prefer a few sessions in between patients or one four-hour session after hours. After completing the course, go back and review course topics as much as you like to prepare you for the post-course assessment. Once you successfully complete the post-course assessment, you will receive your official verification of participation to hang on your wall, share with your network online and add to your resume.
* This course is an assessment-based certificate program. Upon successful completion of a certificate program, you will receive a verification of participation. A certificate program is not a professional certification, so you do not receive credentials or letters after your name. To learn more about the difference between certificate programs and professional certification, visit the Institute of Credentialing Excellence.
http://www.credentialingexcellence.org/portals/0/3-9-10 features document _ICE update_.pdf
Subject Matter Experts:
- Sharon Dickinson, CDA, CDPMA, RDA
- Teresa Duncan, MS, FADIA, FAADOM
- Christine Taxin
Creation date: March 2010
ADA CERP approval: May 2012
AGD PACE approval: TBD
Meets AADOM Fellowship requirements.
The DALE Foundation is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The DALE Foundation designates this activity for 4 CE credits.
Develop your role in business
Whether you work behind the front desk or chairside, understanding the financial aspects of business will enable you to take on a bigger role in your dental practice.
By the end of our Accounts Receivable course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Determine an effective financial policy
- Understand different payment methods
- Establish how, when and where to introduce treatment plan fees
- Confirm the steps of posting a payment
- Interpret accounts receivable reports and know when to run them
- Classify the stages of billing and collections for a dental practice
- Communicate effectively to collect outstanding and delinquent payments
- Recognize how financial policy, effective communication, appropriate patient payment options, patient retention and patient compliance with treatment plan affect dental office profitability
Test out our course
Check out our Accounts Receivable demo – and see how simple continuing your education can be.
See What Others Are Saying
Read what those who have completed the Accounts Receivable for the Dental Office course say about their experience.
We’d like to hear from you!
After you complete the course*, log in to your account and provide a rating and review!
*You must complete the course to provide feedback.
Review of this course:
This was a very educational course